Hi, my name’s Dane Bergen and I live on the sunny Gold Coast in Australia.
My professional background is in marketing, and I specialize in helping photographers like you to get more clients, as well as doubling, or even tripling your average client value. Using my specialized marketing techniques for photographers, you’ll be able to easily have yourself booked out for months in advance.
I finished school in 2003 and moved on to a psychology degree at Griffith university here in Australia. I love to study the human mind, but knew I couldn’t get into a field like counselling, so I turned my interest to marketing, where I decided to teach myself. I found this way of studying to be much more effective because I could learn exactly what I wanted, and test things out in the real world.
While marketing students were learning the 4 P’s of marketing, I was foregoing all that B.S. to study advanced copywriting skills from some of the greatest marketers as far back at the 1920’s… guys who had taken struggling businesses and turned them into billion dollar empires with the power of the written word!
I spent years studying, and continue to study and practice new strategies to this day! In that time I’ve listened to hundreds of hours of audio and video courses, as well as sat quietly in parks for weeks at a time reading highly recommended marketing books on my trusty Kindle…
I have personally created my own 6 figure online marketing business in 2007. I soon realized that I have a set of real world skills that are extremely valuable to business owners who have a product or service, but don’t know what to do with their marketing want to find a steady stream of clients using unique methods that others think are crazy!… so I sold that business off to follow my passion for marketing.
Now I’ve created a business helping small business owners to grow. My goal is to help you achieve an increased income, while working fewer hours and having fun doing it!
So far, I’ve helped guide dozens of small and struggling businesses to a point where they easily break the 6 figure per year barrier, and hundreds more to simply earn the income they know they deserve, while still having time to enjoy the finer things in life that aren’t work related!
Whether you’re new to running a Photography Business, or a photographer who has been in the industry for decades, I can help you to bring in more profits while working less hours and having loads more fun doing it!
Let’s get a little more personal for a brief period, where I tell you some more about me that is unrelated to marketing…
- I love the gym and have been training since 2002. I don’t think I’ve gone more than 7 days straight without training since then. I lift weights 4-5 times per week and live on a very healthy and fairly strict diet, which I believe helps my mind to work better. In this time I’ve had interest in bench press competitions, bodybuilding competitions (natural), and arm-wrestling. I like to push my body to it’s limits and I think this dedication transfers to other area’s of life
- I love to travel and have been spending around 2 months travelling around the world per year for the last 3 years, as well as a few other trips in between. My favorite place so far is probably the Greek Islands… Fologandros was my favorite because it’s less ‘touristy’ than some of the others. I travelled around Europe for 2 years between 2013 and 2015.
- I live with my wife Melissa and her two dogs… a pug and a pekingese. We’ve been together since 2005 and she’s been by my side through the good times and the bad, and even though I’m a whole foot taller than her, I know we’re a perfect match.
- Contrary to popular belief, I’m not a brilliant photographer. I’m a hobbyist and don’t plan on going pro. My passion lies in marketing and to those who wonder how I can teach marketing to photographers, ask yourself this simple question… “would you rather be taught marketing from a pro photographer, or from a pro marketer?”. The logical answer is obvious.
- Some other interests without going into too much detail are… cycling, scuba diving, marine aquariums, movies, reading, health, technology, and time travel (just kidding! time travel isn’t real… or is it?)
So that’s me in a nutshell…
If you’d like to know more about me, then head on over to the contact page and get in touch… I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by,